Tuesday 19 February 2013

Cross Weave Bracelet

I like to read beading maginzes in my spare time, which is not very often. They always have jewellery designs that you can try and make yourself and some of the designs are truly amazing.

I'm always looking for my next project to work on, at the moment,  I'm fascinated by bead weaving.
If your not sure about what beadweaving is, it's creating jewellery, using small seed beads, small beads, thread or nylon cord.

 
I'm hoping to go to a beadclub not far from where I live, after Easter. In the mean time I thought I'd try a to make a bracelet, using seed beads and pearls, I'm not ready for the tiny seed beads projects like the ones above yet. 
 
Here is the result.
 
 
 
 
 It's made with pale blue 6 mm glass pearl beads, clear seed beads, which you can see inbetween the pearls and on the ends. A clear illusion cord was used for the weaving. It took me roughly about an hour to make, it was a bit fiddly to get the hang of the pattern, sequence and tiny beads at first, but ok afterwards.
 
Hoping to make something else soon, maybe a pair of earrings, you'll have to wait and see.
 
What new projects have you started recently and did it turn out how you thought it would?   
 
If yu would like to see some more of my bracelets, do visit my website at www.michelleshandcraftedjewellery.com

4 comments:

  1. That's lovely Michelle - I wouldn't have a clue where to start and as for those tiny little beads, they would be an accident waiting to happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dawn, I really enjoyed making it, picking up the seed beads was a nightmare, they were pinging everywhere, lol. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle, love the pearl bracelet. I've looked at bead weaving myself but not got round to trying it yet. I'll be interested to hear how you get on. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, I made a pair of earrings last night, getting a bit more adventurous, if you would like to see it, I posted it onto my Facebook page. : ) x

      Delete